Account Manager – Federal , State, and Local Governments Job at Chinook Medical Gear – 4.0 Denver, CO
Full-time$60,000 – $70,000 a year8 hours ago
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid training
- Medical sales
- Communication skills
- CRM software
- ERP systems
- Bachelor’s degree
Full Job Description
Chinook Medical Gear, Inc.
Title: Account Manager – Federal, State, and Local Governments
Reports To: Director of Sales & Marketing
Location: Field-based in continental USA or based in Durango, CO
- The Account Manager will be responsible for relationship-building and business development within designated Federal Government (FGO) agencies and State and Local Government (SLGO) agencies. FGO includes, but is not limited to, the FBI, CIA, DHS, DHHS and Dept. of State (DoS). FGO excludes the Dept. of Defense (DoD). SLGO includes, but is not limited to, Law Enforcement, EMS, Fire/Rescue and Schools. A critical part of the role is establishing and maintaining strong relationships with medical doctors/directors, medics, trainers, and operators within each agency or department, as well as with decision-makers at multiple levels within the chain of command and procurement functions. To build these relationships, the position requires frequent email and phone communication, as well as regular travel to key customers and attendance at tradeshows and conferences.
- The Account Manager must understand the needs of our customers within each agency or department, and understand their latest mission and medical protocols. Our Account Managers are our eyes and ears, providing valuable input into our product development process, ensuring that the future pre-hospital medical needs of our federal agents and officers are met.
- Experience with federal and state medical logistics processes will be an important success factor. Working knowledge of Tactical Combat Casualty Care practices (TCCC) will be important to the ability of the Account Manager to establish and maintain relationships and lines of communication with key influentials and decisionmakers. Extensive sales experience will be highly beneficial in the position.
- The role requires a responsible, self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who is driven by the desire to be the best at whatever they do.
- The Account Manager works closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing to achieve success in the role.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the federal and state procurement process, the roles and mechanics involved, from the level of agency/department logistics personnel up through general government contracting processes.
- Research and maintain a detailed guide to each agency or department, their chain of command, procurement staff (program managers and contract officers) and other key contacts within the designated agency or department.
- Research and maintain a detailed guide to the medical hierarchy – doctors, trainers, medics, agents, officers and other key contacts within the agency or department.
- Understand basic consultative/strategic selling techniques.
- Maintain (through in-house training) an up-to-date knowledge of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) protocols including recommended medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biologics.
- Maintain (through in-house training) an up-to-date knowledge of the Chinook product line, its features, benefits and field applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant Chinook policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Relationship-Building and Business Development
- Networking – establish and maintain relationships with key contacts through: email, telephone, regular visits and follow-up, attendance at tradeshows and conferences.
- Apply consultative/strategic selling techniques in building and maintaining business relationships.
- Develop an understanding of each customer’s needs – protocols, products, purchase procedures and timing.
- Based on customer needs, present/demo Chinook products and services that meet needs and solve problems.
- Continuously expand our network of federal government agencies and state and local agencies/departments.
- Help drive the Chinook product development process by internally communicating customer needs that our current products and services do not fully or effectively meet.
- Internally communicate new information on medical needs, medical protocols, and recommended products.
- Work with the Chinook Contracts Manager on contract bid opportunities, procurement vehicle product offerings, and other general federal contracting opportunities as they arise.
- Plan and implement a customer contact schedule, including travel plans.
- Participate in Chinook training sessions.
- Participate in Chinook team meetings.
- Fully utilize the Chinook Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for maintaining customer information, planning and recording customer contacts, and entering customer quotes and orders.
- Assist the Chinook Marketing team with tradeshow planning.
- Occasionally coordinate with and support other Chinook Account Managers and their markets/channels.
- Support or fulfill other projects or duties assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Experience in the industry as a sales account manager preferred
- Experience in government contracting/procurement preferred
- Experience working in medical sales field preferred
- Working knowledge of current Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office, required
- CRM software experience a plus
- ERP software experience a plus
- Ability to travel 30-35%, including some weekend travel required
- Ability to travel within the continental USA, tradeshows and conferences, as well as to Chinook HQ in Durango, CO required
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. required
Personal traits required:
- Responsible, self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, driven by the desire to be the best.
- Demonstrated excellent relationship-building skills
- Driven to expand our Federal, State, and Local Government network and open up new opportunities
- Demonstrated strong communication skills – listening, oral, presentation, written
- Warm, gregarious, likable, extroverted personality
- Highly organized
- Ability to plan and implement an activity schedule – calls, meetings, travel, follow-up
- Ability to take direction, learn and evolve as a professional.
- Health Insurance Coverage: Medical
- Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees
- Generous paid time off
- Quarterly Commission
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Sales Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
About the Company
Company: Chinook Medical Gear – 4.0
Company Location: Denver, CO