Classification and Compensation Analyst Job at The State of Oklahoma – 3.5 Oklahoma
Department Office of Management and Enterprise Services
County Location Oklahoma OK
Date Opened 2/19/2021 08:00:00 AM
Filing Deadline 2/28/2021 11:59:00 PM
Salary Based on education and experience.
Full or Part Time Full-Time
Go Back Apply View Benefits
A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
The Human Capital Management (HCM) department of OMES is seeking a full time Classification and Compensation Analyst. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for human resource management activities involving the interpretation and application of rules, laws, and policies. This position is also responsible for conducting classification studies, job audits and wage and salary surveys.
- Develops job descriptions, job specifications, organization charts, and other materials to describe positions and duties performed by employees; and determine appropriate classifications for individual positions.
- Conducts wage and salary surveys by collecting and evaluating salary data; prepare recommendations or process requests for salary changes; and determine salary changes authorized for specific actions, such as appointments, promotions, transfers, demotions, and reinstatements.
- Reviews, analyzes, or approves employee personnel transactions
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and rules concerning appointments, promotions, demotions, transfers, separations, and other actions.
- Interprets rules and laws concerning employee personnel actions.
- Advises agency personnel staff, employees, supervisors, and managers on various personnel related issues.
- Prepares, analyzes, or reviews a variety of personnel transactions concerning filled and vacant positions, individual appointments, status changes, transfers, promotions, demotions, salary changes, grade changes, and terminations.
- Prepares and processes forms concerning the allocation of positions and the establishment, revision, and deletion of job classes and forms concerning compensation and market data for state agencies.
- Explains laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to personnel transactions and various personnel related issues to agency staff at all levels; and contacts the proper authority for interpretation of the laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to the more complex issues.
- Prepares routine correspondence and forms; may compose a variety of materials; and enters appropriate information into the computer system.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
About the Company
Company: The State of Oklahoma – 3.5
Company Location: Oklahoma