Data Entry Specialist II Job at The State of Oklahoma – 3.5 Oklahoma
County Location Oklahoma OK
Date Opened 1/29/2021 08:00:00 AM
Filing Deadline 2/5/2021 11:59:00 PM
Salary $31,200.00 annually
Full or Part Time Full-Time
Go Back View Benefits
Submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
- Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Data Entry Specialist II – Central Processing Division
Annual Salary: $31,200.00
Positions in this job family are assigned duties and responsibilities involving document production and management through a variety of manual or technological processes. This may include entry of payments and returns into various processing systems, preparing reports or other documents, maintaining various filing systems, including computer records of various activities.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary, but may include the following:
- Handles correspondence relating to a special field or program in regards to agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements;
- Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks;
- Answers phone calls, takes messages, and disseminates information;
- Opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail;
- Performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data;
- Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create complex presentations;
- Enters and retrieves information using computer or other data processing equipment, and receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents;
o Proofs previously entered data and makes routine corrections;
- Examines, checks, and verifies reports and other documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies;
- Assists with clerical tasks such as gathering statistical data for reports;
- Assists in projects as assigned.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
o Office methods and procedures
o Grammar, punctuation, spelling, and basic mathematics;
o Preparing and interpreting charts and graphs;
o Basic bookkeeping procedures;
o Inventory techniques;
o Telephone procedures;
o Standard business communication.
o Follow oral and written instructions;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
o Establish and maintain filing systems;
o Prepare documents;
o Meet established data entry output and accuracy standards;
o Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
o Operate office machines, including computers/PC and various other office and mail equipment.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
- One year of clerical office experience;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience,
Preference may be given to candidates who are skilled at typing accurately from plain copy at a rate of forty words per minute.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
About the Company
Company: The State of Oklahoma – 3.5
Company Location: Oklahoma