Hamilton Community Center Ice Arena Operations Manager Job at City of Columbus Indiana – Columbus, IN
Position Title: Hamilton Community Center & Ice Arena (HCCIA) Operations Manager
Department: Parks and Recreation
Reports to: Athletic Facilities Supervisor
2021 Salary Range: $15.54 – $19.42 /Hour
FLSA: Full TimeHourly Non-Exempt, Safety Sensitive
Supervises: 5 full-time & 3-5 part-time employees
Application Deadline: October 7, 2021
Summary of Functional Responsibilities:
- Supervise and execute all management plans for Athletic Facilities and Hamilton Community Center & Ice Arena.
- Track and inventory all maintenance supplies, materials and equipment.
- Assist in the management of employees in day to day operations.
- Work closely with Athletic Facilities Supervisor on providing support for department programs and community activities.
- Provide input in the evaluation of management plans for all Athletic Facilities and Hamilton Community Center & Ice Arena.
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Supervise, support and follow-up on daily job assignments of 5 full-time employees, 3-5 part-time employees.
- Implement, help to evaluate and continuously improve management plans for Athletic Facilities and Hamilton Community Center & Ice Arena.
- Develop a strong working relationship with other Parks & Recreation staff (Sharing equipment, large projects, etc).
- Implement and assist with the evaluation and continuous improvement of Athletic Facilities and Hamilton Community Center & Ice Arena training programs.
- Supervise daily job assignments.
- Implement and assist with continuous improvement of all Athletic Facilities and Hamilton Community Center & Ice Arena procedures and policies.
- Assist with overall maintenance of Ice at Hamilton Community Center & Ice Arena.
- Review inspection sheets which include all Athletic Facilities and buildings.
- Motivate, lead and evaluate the performance of employees.
- Assist with recruitment, selection and training for vacant positions.
- Share responsibility of running Parks and Recreation monthly safety meetings.
- Inventory all necessary supplies, materials and equipment.
- Assist in managing fertilizer, pesticide and chemical applications.
- Meet regularly with Athletic Facilities Supervisor.
- Assist in managing Athletic Facilities Team during events, projects and emergencies.
- Support snow removal.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Provide the highest quality customer service and facility care.
- Represent the Parks & Recreation Department in a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Strong written/oral communication skill and ability to interact with internal and external resources and organizations.
- Two years grounds maintenance experience or turf related work desired.
- Knowledge of HVAC and Ice Plant Operations is preferred.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license or ability to obtain one immediately and good driving record, sufficient to be covered by city insurance.
- Certified pesticide applicator or willingness to become certified within 1 year.
- Must have experience in the following areas: Facility management, budget development, maintenance management, sports turf management, maintenance plan development and staff supervision and training.
- General mathematical skills required.
- Experience in operation of various types of equipment.
- Proficient computer skills desired: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A criminal background check and pre-employment/random drug screenings are required.
- Work is of a high degree of difficulty and complexity and is performed under direction of the Athletic Facilities Supervisor with considerable latitude granted for exercise of independent judgment.
- Manages 5 full-time & 3-5 part-time employees.
- Supervises volunteer labor.
- Must be able to work effectively with other Parks and Recreation staff.
- Must be able to work with customers, user groups and independent contractors.
- Exposure to more than ordinary conditions such as weather and stress related to pressure situations, work performance and position duties.
- Hours will vary and days of work will vary; overtime work (over 40 hours a week, with comp hours accumulated) are sometimes required
- Position is Safety-Sensitive and subject to the City’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy which requires post-employment offer, pre-employment testing, random testing, post-accident testing, reasonable suspicion testing
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away and more than a few feet away.
- Work for extended periods without getting tired or out of breath.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
- Sufficient balance to climb and remain on ladders and other equipment safely.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Adjust body movements or equipment controls to keep pace with speed changes of moving objects.
Must reside in Bartholomew County or adjoining county within six (6) months of employment
This position is subject to the City’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Program which includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident testing, reasonable suspicion testing, return-to-duty testing and follow-up testing. Annual BMV checks for all drivers.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person and employees at the city may be given other assignments at will.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.54 – $23.31 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
About the Company
Company: City of Columbus Indiana –
Company Location: Columbus, IN