Physical Ed/ Special Ed Teacher- SBEC Certified Job at Harris County Department of Education – 3.9 Houston, TX
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
* Texas Teacher Certificate with endorsement in subject and level assigned
* Special Education and Physical Education certificate required if assigned to an Academic and Behavior Center
* General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
* Ability to communicate effectively orally as well as written expression
* Ability to instruct multiple levels of students
* Ability to work within a specified behavior management system
* Ability to learn and utilize specialized therapeutic restraint techniques to control student behavior when appropriate
* General knowledge of computer systems and software applications
* Experience working with students with special needs and students in at-risk situations
1. Develop and implement plans for the adopted curriculum program (TEKS Resource System) and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Assess students and prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual differences.
3. Plan and use appropriate instructional / learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
4. Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency (TEA), Board policies, and administrative regulations.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the student groups involved.
6. Consistently assess student achievement through formal and informal testing.
7. Cooperate with other members of the staff including client districts, in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods in accordance with district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for the educational aide(s) and/or volunteer(s).
9. Employ the use of technologies in the teaching/learning process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $62,800.00 – $68,214.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Physical Ed/ Special Ed: 1 year (Preferred)
- Texas Physical Ed and Special Ed Certification (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: Harris County Department of Education – 3.9
Company Location: Houston, TX