Physician – Obstetrics and Gynecology – Physician – Obstetrics and Gynecology Opportunity, Fresno, CA Job at Clinica Sierra Vista Fresno, CA
Clinica Sierra Vista is one of the oldest and largest Federally Qualified Health Centers in California and the nation, having earned the trust of its patients, partners and the communities it serves over a 46-year history distinguished by rapid growth and innovation, exceptional primary-care physicians, and a reputation for treating the most vulnerable residents with respect and compassion.
If you have a servantï¿½s heart, consider a career with Clinica Sierra Vista, which opened out of a trailer in a field in 1971 but has grown to care for a diverse population of 150,000 patients.
Clinica Sierra Vista, accredited by the rigorous Joint Commission, serves patients at 31 health centers in Kern, Fresno and Inyo counties. Our services include Pediatric Care, Adult Care, Dental Care, Behavioral Health, Case Management, Prenatal & Womenï¿½s Health, Substance Abuse Treatment, HIV/AIDS testing and treatment, Health Education, Outreach and WIC services. We partner with local governments, social services departments, businesses and nonprofit leaders to address the full range of needs for our patients. Our dedicated providers and staff make Clinica Sierra Vista an ideal place to call your medical home.
Responsibilities / qualifications:
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
- Treat diseases of female organs.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients’ health and deliver babies safely.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses.
- Provide government and organizational report on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals.
- Conduct research to develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent of control disease or injury.
- BCï¿½in Obstetricsï¿½
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as an MD or DO in the State of California; have prescriptive authority and current DEA certification.
- Maintains appropriate medical records documentation in the EMR on all patients in accordance with organizational policy. Consistently up to date on charting.ï¿½
- Schedule will be four 8-hour shifts per week or three 10-hour shifts per week plus one 24 hour call shift per week, one weekend call shift per month.
- Competitive Base salary (Commensurate with experience)
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance for physician and family (begins on first day of employment)
- Sign-on bonus of up to $100,000
- Pay for performance
- Paid CME
- Relocation reimbursement
- Loan repayment through the NHSC
- Malpractice coverage through the FTCA/Federal Tort Claims Act
- J1/H-1B visa candidates are welcome, CSV is cap exempt for H1-B Visa
About the Central Valley
Located in the heart of California, the Central Valley feeds America as the leading agricultural region of the nation. In the southern part of the valley, oil production also powers the economy, though aerospace, the healthcare industry and alternative energy are emerging as key drivers as well.
We specialize in sunshine in California, with a mild climate year-round. Beaches are less than two hours away, and several mountain ranges and the high desert are even closer. Weï¿½re two hours north of Los Angeles, and a tank of gas will get you to San Francisco, San Diego or Las Vegas.
But our greatest natural resource is not the bounty of our fields or our oil; itï¿½s the people. Bakersfield and Fresno take great pride in our reputation as generous, giving cities who offer metropolitan amenities but a small-town sense of community.
We also offer the most affordable cost of living in the entire state, plus great schools and universities, a thriving arts scene, and family-friendly communities.
Visit our job boards today!ï¿½www.clinicasierravista.org
ï¿½ PandoLogic. Category: Healthcare, Keywords: Obstetrician and Gynecologist00 – 0Full-Time
About the Company
Company: Clinica Sierra Vista
Company Location: Fresno, CA