Program Specialist Jobs in Phoenix – Arizona – USA at Arizona Department of Health Services
Title: Program Specialist
Company: Arizona Department of Health Services
Location: Phoenix – Arizona – USA
Type: Full Time
Category: Business, Government
Arizona Department of Health Services
Division of Preparedness
Position: Program Specialist
150 N 18th Ave Phoenix, AZ. 85007
Annual Salary: $52,000
This position, under the general direction of the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Bureau Chief, will manage and coordinate a multitude of support activities within the PHEP bureau. In this role, they will perform a variety of complex program tasks which include updating, maintaining, and testing the Department’s Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP). The need for regular maintenance of the ADHS Continuity of Operations Executive Management Plan (ADHS COOP EMP) is required per Governor’s executive order and has been tested through exercises and the identified areas for improvement need to be addressed on an ongoing basis.
Act as the bureau’s Preparedness Integration Coordinator, responsible for working with all divisions within the department on the maintenance of the Continuity of Operations Executive Management Plan (ADHS COOP EMP). This will include all project worksheets by division and function.
Work on an ongoing basis with ADHS division subject matter experts, ADHS leadership, and ADSH healthcare partners to update and improve their COOP plans and ensure connectivity to the overall ADHS Executive Management Plan.
Support the Health Emergency Operations Center and participate in Agency/Bureau/Section meetings and training.
Development of specific sections and annexes of the COOP EMP, including Alternate Facilities, Continuity Personnel, and specific SOPs for resumption of agency essential processes, based on state COOP planning guidance.
Work with internal and external partners to develop and implement Corrective-Action Planning that documents the strengths and areas for improvement related to ADHS continuity of operations planning.
Conduct conference calls and in-person meetings as appropriate to facilitate developing and refining the ADHS-COOP-EMP and associated Process Worksheets. Work with the departments liaisons to develop detailed continuity personnel lists and procedures and incorporate them into the ADHS COOP EMP.
Assistance to the Planning and Partner Integration sections of PHEP with planning initiatives as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Working with individuals of varied groups, maintaining attention to detail, and being highly organized yet flexible and comfortable tracking multiple projects in a rapid and fluid environment.
– Management of projects and systems involving information technology.
– Strong computer skills in application use and implementation of programs such as Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office.
– Communicate clearly and effectively in person, over the phone, through emails, and letters.
– Performance Management (PM), and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), and Lean methodologies.
– Customer service.
– Teamwork and cooperation.
– Technical/functional expertise and results orientation are the standard state and agency performance competencies.
– Work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
– Support a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of public employment, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discriminatio…