Senior Analyst Job at Cornwall Insight – Dublin
Cornwall Insight is a leader in research, analysis, consulting, and training in the energy markets, and we are seeking a Senior Analyst to join our team based in Dublin.
As a Senior Analyst, you will be required to support the Cornwall Insight Irish local team with a range of research, analysis, reporting writing, and the associated presentation of your findings.
You will be working with a diverse range of clients on topics and issues at the forefront of market change. Knowledge gained will be shared with colleagues across the business to ensure insights are deployed across the company’s service delivery.
You will be enthusiastic about learning and working across a range of projects, potentially including supply, generation (renewables/ flexibility), regulation and networks.
You will have strong analytical and research experience and proven-solving capability, which will enable them to identify and then clearly provide solutions to clients. You should be comfortable working on several workstreams simultaneously and to deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collecting, managing, and analysing market data to track and identify evolving trends in the energy industry.
- Developing methods of research and analysis to answer the needs of customer project work.
- Supporting the Head of Energy Market Development in developing and delivering the research subscriptions business.
- Support and sometimes lead client meetings under guidance from senior staff.
- Preparing customer proposals and pitch materials, including Invitations to Tender and direct client approaches.
- Supporting a range of customer projects, from research to report writing and presentation.
- Assisting team members and other Cornwall Insight colleagues with the development of core subscription services and training materials, as well as new product opportunities.
- Attending industry events and potentially participating in industry workgroups as required.
- Adhering to the processes for reporting and quality assurance for consultancy projects
We are pre-eminent providers of research, analysis, consulting and training to businesses and stakeholders across the Great British, Irish, and Australian energy markets, recognised by the Financial Times as a leading management consultancy for 2019, 2020 and 2021 in the Energy, Utilities & Environment Sector. You can find us in London, Norwich, Dublin, and Melbourne, offering an agile way of working and putting our people at the very heart of everything we do.
Cornwall Insight has been operating from Dublin since 2018. Our clients are varied and diverse, from generators, retailers, network operators, regulatory bodies, government, investors to other advisory firms.
In an increasingly complex and volatile energy sector, we strive to help clients make informed decisions, offering data-driven independent analysis and advice. We are fiercely objective and aim to make a difference by communicating complex concepts in a clear, concise, and unbiased manner.
By living and breathing the details, policies and regulations that define Ireland’s energy market, our local analysts and consultants are at the cutting edge of market expertise and experience.
In addition to a competitive salary, our standard benefits include:
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing by 1 day per year up to 5 years.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Company share scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Private medical healthcare
Our office is in Dublin with the flexibility of working from home if preferred.
Why should you apply?
- You have a keen interest and desire to get involved in a variety of projects and develop your career.
- You have experience analysing the Irish (essential) and UK (desirable) gas and power markets.
- You have the ability to synthesise complex technical, regulatory, and commercial issues into a form suitable for presentation.
- You have good judgement and decision-making skills with strong attention to detail.
- You have strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet and manage strict deadlines.
- You are flexible and adaptable to learning and taking on new tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
Cornwall Insight is a great place to continue your career; we are dedicated to helping you grow and develop. You will enjoy interesting and challenging projects, working with the very best talent in our industry. We offer a flexible and agile way of working. We offer great benefits and industry-related pay.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
- Energy Market: 1 year (required)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
About the Company
Company: Cornwall Insight –
Company Location: Dublin