Single Homeless Support Officer Job at East Herts Council Hertford
East Herts Council is recruiting a Single Homeless Support Officer for our new homeless accommodation project. Cedar Lodge provides six self-contained flats for single homeless clients, for up to 2 years, to support them to make positive changes in their lives and move on to more independent and longer term accommodation.
The key tasks of the role are:
- To manage the accommodation and provide support to the single homeless residents facilitating them to access and engage with services that promote their independence and wellbeing,
- To provide outreach support to those that have successfully moved on to independent accommodation to assist them sustain their accommodation.
This can be a challenging but extremely rewarding role that requires you to support our clients to view their stay as a temporary step on a journey to independence and self-sufficiency.
What we are looking for:
- You will have previous experience of working with and supporting vulnerable customers in a residential environment;
- You will need to be able to provide a flexible, empathetic and responsive service to meet the needs of the residents who are likely to have a range of health and support needs;
- You will have excellent communication and creative problem solving skills enabling you to create options for people where these may be hard to find;
- You will demonstrate the confidence, enthusiasm and ability to manage a case load of complex service users;
- An understanding homelessness law as well as welfare benefits available to applicants would be an advantage but full training will be given.
A Basic DBS check will be carried out for this post
About the Company
Company: East Herts Council
Company Location: Hertford