Trading Services Associate I Job at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Paris (75)
The Equity Flow business sits within the Equity Derivatives Group within JP Morgan and is a dynamic and challenging LOB within the organisation. The business structures derivatives using a broad range of asset that gives an optimal risk profile and cost by using underlying’s such as stocks, bonds, currencies and indices. The business aims to provide market liquidity to financial intermediaries and provides a stimulating challenge for employees with an interest in financial engineering and their place in the current financial markets.
The focus of the Flow Equity Derivatives Middle Office team is to facilitate the day to day supporting of the EDG Flow Derivatives Trading business throughout the complete Trade Life-Cycle from Trade Capture to Trade Settlement whilst having an understanding of risk exposure. The function stands as a hybrid between a Support and Control function where we are at the front line of protection for the business.
The Trader Assistant Team is responsible for:
- Ensuring that all trades executed are entered completely & accurately into the Risk Management systems
- Performing core start-of-day and end-of-day controls to ensure Risk is correctly represented for Front Office
- Ensuring all trade capture and reporting exceptions are verified, cleared and escalated appropriately in a timely manner
- Liaising with various other FO, MO and BO Teams on issues related to Cash Equity trades
E.g. Broker Pre-Matching & Fails, Settlements, Client Services, Reconciliations, Technology, Business Management
- Daily management of trade life cycle events (expiries, dividends, corporate actions, etc.)
- The integrity and continuous improvement of the pre and post trade controls environment
- Maximizing trade processing STP through tactical problem solving and root cause analysis
- Producing analysis for the trading desks and senior management
- Providing input into core projects including; industry-wide initiatives, regulatory, trading strategy, operational programs
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Derivatives knowledge & experience is required, knowledge of securities products is a plus
- A minimum of two years prior operational and/or line experience, is required
- Control orientated and unafraid to challenging the status quo
- Readiness to relocate from London to Paris as long term assignment
- Sense of urgency and the ability to prioritise workload effectively in a time pressured environment
- Self-motivation and demonstration of initiative.
- Excellent Analytical skills and detailed orientated
- Excellent oral and written communication /presentation skills
- Highly organized
- Keen to question everything and understand the detail behind the numbers and/or process
- Dedication and the ability to adapt to different business needs
- Strong PC Skills. In particular Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Company
Company: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Company Location: Paris (75)